Worship Keyboard Course: Beginners Box Set Vols 1-4 by Musicademy
Cross Rhythms Rating: 9/10
DVD: Teaching Resource
Tags: Teaching Resource, DVD, Top Rated
Normal Dispatch Time: 1-5 days
A box set of four DVDs which covers a year's worth of worship-focussed lessons designed for the complete beginner to keyboard skills.
Reviewed by Heather Richardson
What a great way to learn an instrument. Concise, step by step instruction on how to play the keyboard without the need to read music and to learn well known songs and hymns for personal use or working with a team give you the chance to make smooth progress in developing skills. It includes practise hints and tips, techniques to train hands and muscles and how to perform in various styles of accompaniment. There are guided play-alongs, backing tracks and worship leading tips as well as interviews with songwriters. You will need to be able to view the DVD while at the keyboard and to be prepared to download further resources.
Cross Rhythms Product Code: 23552
Product Format: DVD
Content Type: Teaching Resource
Cat. Code: Musicademy KBBS1
DVD Region: 0 (Multizone: all regions)
Video Encoding: NTSC
Release Date: 01 May 2007
A box set of four DVDs which covers a year's worth of worship-focussed lessons designed for the complete beginner to keyboard skills.Teaching keyboards for worship with a proven step-by-step method without having to wade through traditional piano lessons.
- Learn to play well known worship songs and hymns in different keys
- Use major, minor and slash chords as the basis for contemporary playing
- Follow contemporary chord charts rather than traditional music scores
- Play scales, arpeggios and chords and understand how to use them in modern worship songs
- Understand and use voicings for smooth sounding chord changes
- Develop right and left hand rhythm skills and introduce variety using broken chords, auxiliary and passing notes
A six hour DVD course containing lessons, tips and masterclasses on worship guitar playing as demonstrated by Musicademy tutor Andy Chamberlain with contributions from Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, David Crowder and many more.
A seven hour teaching programme in 3 DVDs for acoustic guitarists who intend to lead worship.