Musicademy - Intermediate Electric Worship Guitar Course by Musicademy
Cross Rhythms Product Code: 102408
Product Format: DVD
Content Type: Teaching Resource
Cat. Code: IEG
Release Date: 15 Nov 2010
A year’s worth of lessons for today’s electric worship guitarist contained in 10 hours of instruction.
A comprehensive course that will teach you the techniques, licks and styles the pro’s use to create electric guitar parts in worship.
Perfect for players with gaps in their knowledge and acoustic guitarists transferring to electric.
You will learn:
- Over 90 usable electric guitar chord shapes all over the neck
- Tricks pro guitarists use playing in G, D, A, C & E
- Chord ‘cheats’ for playing in position up the neck
- Explore lead guitar with 5 pentatonic shapes & 7 major scale positions
- Hendrix style double stops for combined lead & rhythm styles
- How to use 3rds 4ths & 6ths to create harmony parts
- 10ths for alternative chord voicings
- Play any chord in any key anywhere on the neck using the CAGED system
- How to find every the note on the neck, quickly!
- Power & open chords in Drop D tuning
- Soloing ideas using pentatonic scales, lead lines using major scales string bending, drone notes, Octaves, tremolo picking
- Learn a great solo that uses all these techniques note for note
Plus loads of invaluable tips on:
- Choosing the right guitar for a worship band
- Pickups, tones & volumes
- Pedals - using delay, overdrives, compression, volume swells & wah effects in worship
- Plus an entire section on leading worship on Electric Guitar
Over 10 hours of lessons, tips & backing tracks in a 4 DVD box set
Songs used for this course include Holy Is The Lord, Everlasting God (Strength Will Rise), Hosanna, In Christ Alone, Mighty To Save, Blessed Be Your Name, Happy Day, Surrender and Extravagant Worship.
A six hour DVD course containing lessons, tips and masterclasses on worship guitar playing as demonstrated by Musicademy tutor Andy Chamberlain with contributions from Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, David Crowder and many more.
Teaching Resource DVD
A box set of four DVDs which covers a year's worth of worship-focussed lessons designed for the complete beginner to keyboard skills.