Improvisation Skills For Orchestral Instruments In Worship by Musicademy
Cross Rhythms Product Code: 87296
Product Format: DVD
Content Type: Teaching Resource
Cat. Code: Musicademy OIDVD
DVD Region: 0 (Multizone: all regions)
Video Encoding: NTSC
Release Date: 2009
A step-by-step 3 DVD set of lessons for woodwind, brass and stringed instruments.
Adapt your classical skills to play by ear in worship without the music!
This 3-DVD course is designed for any single melody instrument wanting to play by ear and improvise in contemporary worship. Perfect for woodwind, brass and stringed instruments.
You will learn how to:
- Use your knowledge of keys, scales and arpeggios to create improvised parts
- Play notes that fit in both major and minor keys without sheet music
- Blend with other instruments without set parts
- Work out sharps and flats in any key using a foolproof method
- Use chord tones as the basis of playing by ear
- Create effective harmonies and new melody lines
- Develop tasteful playing using melodic hooks phrasing and dynamics
- Improvise using auxiliary, added and passing notes
- Use the Nashville numbering system to transpose by ear
Applied using songs How Great is Our God, Forever, In Christ Alone, Happy Day, Faithful One, God of Justice and the hymn Oh the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus. Suitable for all ability levels.
Plus daily practice backing tracks with on screen chord charts.
A six hour DVD course containing lessons, tips and masterclasses on worship guitar playing as demonstrated by Musicademy tutor Andy Chamberlain with contributions from Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, David Crowder and many more.
Teaching Resource DVD
A box set of four DVDs which covers a year's worth of worship-focussed lessons designed for the complete beginner to keyboard skills.