Get Up: The Remixes by Mandisa
- 1. Overcomer (Capital Kings Remix)
- 2. Back To You (Neon Feather Remix)
- 3. Joy Unspeakable (Atellagali Remix)
- 4. Good Morning (Capital Kings Remix)
- 5. What If We Were Real (Neva Remix)
- 6. Stronger (Movin' Remix)
- 7. My Deliver (RawlsCO Latin Remix)
- 8. Shackles (Switch Remix)
- 9. Waiting For Tomorrow (Silver Remix)
- 10. Only The World (Switch Remix)
- 11. Press On (CB Ultra Run Remix)
Reviewed by Tim Holden
While it is all the rage to get your tracks remixed, in the hands of the right remixers it can add a huge new dimension to the songs. In Mandisa's case, the singer who has risen from TV talent search notable to CCM star, had songs which were already strong and the more recent material had a dance element. But these remixes have taken them to another level. The bulk of the tracks are from her more recent albums 'Overcomer' and 'What If We Were Real' but there is also "My Deliverer" from 'Freedom' and "Only The World" and "Shackles" from 'True Beauty'. Capital Kings do a stunning job with "Good Morning" and the opener "Overcoming" and the standout Neon Feather remix of "Back To You" and Neva remix of "What If We Were Real" will both hold their heads up high in any electronic dance music club. All the remixes work well and the variety of R&B gospel, pop and EDM make for an energising album with no weak. Cross Rhythms have been a bit slow in reviewing this but if you haven't already discovered it, 'Get Up: The Remixes' is the album to get you dancing around the house.
Cross Rhythms Product Code: 152704
Product Format: CD
Content Type: Album
Cat. Code: Sparrow 5099943345625
Release Date: 06 Oct 2014
Dance remixes of some of Mandisa's best known tracks.
On the heels of her bestselling album Overcomer, Mandisa returns with an all-new remix album featuring remixes of her biggest hits including Overcomer, Stronger and Good Morning.
The fourth album from the American Idol singer.