Beginning Worship Guitar Course by Musicademy
Cross Rhythms Product Code: 139698
Product Format: DVD
Content Type: Teaching Resource
Cat. Code: Musicademy NBGBS
DVD Region: 0 (Multizone: all regions)
Video Encoding: NTSC
Release Date: 2013
What if one guitar programme could take you from beginner to competent musician with a years’ worth of lessons, tests and backing tracks?
Musicademy's new Beginning Worship Guitar Course is suitable for complete beginners and uses contemporary worship songs. 10 hours of instruction on 4 DVDs with onscreen graphics and camera close-ups. The equivalent of a year's worth of lessons to turn you from beginner to competent player.
Also available (as a download only) are four extensive practical workbooks. These are designed as optional extras and will help you maximise your learning as well as giving you the main course notes contained on the DVDs in hard copy written format. Each of the four workbooks contains 10 new songs for you to learn alongside the techniques and chords you learn as part of the DVD lessons. For each song we give you a chord chart, a strumming pattern and notes to guide you. The workbooks also contain tests and further exercises other than those on the DVDs.
By following this 10 hour 4-DVD course you will learn:
- 35 essential acoustic guitar chords
- 15 essential strumming patterns
- Power chords, slash chords & easy ‘cheat’ chords
- Finger picking patterns - Play in 4/4, 3/4 and 6/8 time
- Play in any key using a capo
- Play any song in 3 capo positions
- Understanding chord charts
- Transpose complex keys into guitar-friendly keys
- Tuning, pick and strumming technique
- Damping strings, learn the notes on the neck
- A New Hallelujah - Michael W Smith
- Praise is Rising (Hosanna) - Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown
- Our God - Matt Redman
- Your Grace is Enough - Matt Mayer
- Beautiful One - Tim Hughes
- How He Loves - David Crowder
- My Soul Sings – Delirious?
- Open Eyes of My Heart - Paul Baloche
- Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Chris Tomlin
- Indescribable - Chris Tomlin, Laura Story
- 12 tests to maximise your learning
- Video play alongs for every song
- Song backing tracks for daily practice
- Multicam shots and on-screen graphics for easy learning
A six hour DVD course containing lessons, tips and masterclasses on worship guitar playing as demonstrated by Musicademy tutor Andy Chamberlain with contributions from Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, David Crowder and many more.
Teaching Resource DVD
A box set of four DVDs which covers a year's worth of worship-focussed lessons designed for the complete beginner to keyboard skills.