5. The Expression by A History Of Christian Worship
Cross Rhythms Product Code: 126991
Product Format: DVD
Content Type: Documentary
Cat. Code: 501440D
Release Date: 25 Jun 2012
For followers of Jesus Christ, worship has spanned over two thousand years to include a long and diverse history of sacred practices. The many ways in which the faithful have preserved and celebrated God's story is limited only by the human imagination.
A History of Christian Worship: Ancient Ways, Future Paths is a six-part series that explores centuries of worship practices, as seen through the eyes of Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox churches and discussed by leading voices from a cross-section of the Christian community. From scripture, sermons and creeds to baptism and the Eucharist, from art and music to drama and media, from prayer and contemplation to service and ministry, viewers will discover the significant people and events that have shaped history and learn how modern worship practices are rooted in the earliest foundations of the Christian faith.
Part 5: The Expression explores how visual art, drama and media have been used in various times and places in Christian worship for the creative expression of the faith, including:
- How paintings, sculptures, stained glass and icons visually convey God's story
- Why worship space and architecture influence and enhance the worship experience
- What types of media have been used at various times in Christian worship
- How the the digital age and the advent of advanced technology have impacted worship
- What inspires Floodgate Productions to produce film clips on contemporary, faith based topics that are seen in churches nationwide each week
Includes optional English subtitles and film trailers.